All courses will be available daily at both the MMC and BBC campuses (Monday through Friday) from December 12, 2016 through January 3, 2017, except when the university is closed on December 22rd thru December 26th, and January 2nd, 2016. Courses will be offered online and in person. Enrollment by appointment starts October 24, 2016.
The following is a compilation of Frequently Asked Questions regarding this Fall Mini Session. Please familiarize yourself with the following information so as to assist students that may have concerns regarding the Fall Mini Session.
Fall Mini F.A.Q's
1. What is the Fall Mini Session?
That’s a great question! Students will be allowed to take up to 4 credits during the course of 15 days over the winter break.
2. Are all FIU students eligible to enroll during this Fall Mini Session?
Students must meet specific requirements in order to be eligible to enroll for a class during the mini session.
- Must be in good academic standing at beginning of the Fall 2016 semester.
3. Are we allowed too take as many classes as we want?
No, all eligible students are allowed to take up to 4 credits of coursework.
4. When can we begin registering for the classes?
Just like any other semester, students will be given an appointment date to enroll. Appointments are assigned based on academic level (Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores and Freshmen) and the amount of credits earned. Be sure to check your MyFIU account for your appointment date and time.NOT be cancelled for non-payment or non-attendance.
6. Will this course be covered by my financial aid?
If you have not reached the maximum financial aid eligibility for the fall semester you MIGHT be eligible to receive aid for the Fall Mini (Please see below if you are unsure if you qualify for additional aid).
In general there will be no adjustments to students’ cost of attendance (COA) for the Fall Mini Session unless it changes the level of enrollment.
Students with aid based on level of enrollment will have an adjustment made to the COA and the financial aid award. The financial aid award that MAY be adjusted based on the availability of funds are:
Bright Futures recipients multiply the number of credits by $77 for the Florida Medallion and $103 for Florida Academic Scholars,then pay the difference.
No adjustments will be made until after the drop/add period for Fall Mini (December 15, 2016).
Satisfactory Academic Progress will be updated for students in Fall Mini after those grades post (January 5, 2017).
7. What semester does this mini session fall under?
Fall Mini Session is part of the Fall 2016 semester.
8. If I applied to graduate this Fall 2016 semester but I need to take one course in order to fulfill my requirements, am I allowed to enroll for Fall Mini Session and still graduate at the end of Fall?
Yes, as long as you complete the following: