Third Party Billing
A Third Party may be a governmental agency, non-profit association, corporation, military branch, and / or a foreign embassy that agrees to make a full or partial payment of the student’s tuition per semester in the form of a letter or authorization (also known as the third party tuition voucher).
You can submit your third party voucher in several ways:
- Personally deliver it to the Student Financial Services Office located at Modesto A. Maidique Campus, PC-120 or Biscayne Bay Campus, AC1-140. Note: Vocational rehabilitation recipients must submit the original voucher to our office.
- Scan the voucher and email it to email@example.com.
- Fax it to (305) 348-1618.
Note: If you are a vocational rehabilitation recipient, please submit the original voucher to our office. Please make sure to include your Panther ID # on the third party voucher and attach both the FERPA Release and Student Third Party Agreement form. The third party tuition voucher, FERPA Release form and Third Party Agreement are due by the last day to add / drop classes. All tuition and fees not paid by the third party tuition voucher must be paid by THE LAST DAY TO PAY as posted on the University Calendar.
Our Third Party invoice process does not begin until after the Reinstatement period. While the University does not invoice the Third Party Entity, the credit is posted on the student account before the last day to pay to assist the student in paying their portion of tuition and fees not covered by the Third Party Entity.
[Back to Top]
FERPA Release and Student Third Party Agreement forms due every semester
You must complete the Student Third Party Agreement form and the FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act) Release Form. These forms will allow us to properly disclose all required billing information to your designated third party.
- Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, FIU is not authorized to release any student information to a third party without written consent from the student if the student is 18 years or older or is attending a post-secondary educational institution.
- By signing the FERPA Release form every semester, the student authorizes FIU to release any and all of their financial and academic information to the third party entity listed on their FERPA Release. The third party entity’s name is normally located on the third party tuition voucher that the student submits ever semester.
- The Third Party Entity Billing Form is used for the third party process and is offered by FIU to students as a courtesy only. In summary, it states that FIU has agreed to submit the FIU Tuition and Fee Invoice applicable to the third party information filled out by the student on the first page of the form.
- The student is liable and continues to be responsible for timely payment of any tuition, fee, and / or costs not paid by their third party within the required deadline.
- If the student does not pay their portion by the last day to pay a $100 late payment fee may be assessed to the student’s account.
By signing the Third Party Entity Billing Form, the student acknowledges and agrees to the terms and conditions set forth in the packet and the student confirms that he/she has read and understood the terms and conditions.
Students can download the FERPA Release form and the Student Third Party Agreement form and submit them via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or via fax at (305) 348-1618.
[Back to Top]