Skip to Main Content

Certificate Applicants

Current degree-seeking students only need to submit the Change of Program/Plan form to add a certificate. All other certificate applicants should complete the form below and submit to the appropriate academic department for approval. Currently enrolled degree seeking students do not need to re-submit residency documents. Approved certificate applications will be forwarded to the Registrar for processing.


Application Steps

  1. Applicants should complete the Undergraduate Certificate Application. Once completed, please submit the certificate application to the academic department for approval. Graduate certificate applicants must apply through Graduate Admissions.
  2. Upload the appropriate residency documents with your application.
  3. Pay a $30 non-refundable application fee. Students paying in person via check need to visit Student Financials to make the payment.
  4. Submit immunization records to Student Health Services. Not doing so will delay registration. For more details about the immunization requirements, please visit Student Health Services.
  5. Undergraduate Student’s Applying for an F1 Student Visa must also submit the following:
    • International Student Forms
    • TOEFL Scores (student should check with the department)
    • Memo from the department indicating that the certificate can be completed on a full-time basis
    • Sponsor Letter 
    • Bank Letter

Certificate students who are not currently enrolled as a degree seeking student will be able enroll during the Open Enrollment Period. See the Academic Calendar for enrollment dates.


Tuition & Aid

The Undergraduate Tuition & FeesGraduate Tuition & Fees and Online Tuition & Fees are listed on OneStop, but check with the department that offers the certificate you are interested in for exact tuition rates.

Certificates may or may not be financial aid eligible. Check with the department to find out if a certificate is eligible.

Last updated: July 10, 2019

Related Articles