Skip to Main Content

The following information applies to Undergraduate Admissions. Graduate students should refer to the Graduate School website.

Defer Enrollment or Change of Major

After you officially submit your application, changes to your term of entry, major or contact information can be applied using the form below. Students requesting to defer their enrollment to a later term must submit this form.

Application Update Form

Changes on Appeal

Changes to GPA or test scores must be submitted through the appeals process.


Last updated: February 12, 2019

Live Chat & FAQs

Admissions: Academic Amnesty and Academic SalvageLast Updated: Aug 22, 2022

The University has approved two policies, Academic Amnesty and Academic Salvage, which will recalculate a student’s GPA that previously showed poor performance at FIU. This form must be completed by the student and the Academic department before being submitted to the OneStop Office.

Admissions: Transfer Students - Between 30 and 59 CreditsLast Updated: Mar 11, 2021

Students with more than 30 transferable credits but less than 60 transferable credits may not have to submit High School transcripts or SAT/ACT scores.

Student Financials: Admission Deposit WaiverLast Updated: Mar 11, 2021

For freshmen and transfer students, the $200 Admission Tuition deposit is a pre-payment towards tuition and confirms that the student will be attending FIU.